Great Events is a Denver-based destination management company that has served the Front Range and mountain resorts of Colorado since 1984. From its inception, Great Events quickly became one of Colorado's premier DMC's. In 1994 Great Events merged with the association management company TEAMS, which provided the ideal opportunity to formalize the operation of both companies into today's package. Great Events focuses on destination management and event planning; TEAMS, Inc focuses on association, meeting and exhibition management, registration and housing services. This division allows both companies to hire specialists in the appropriate field, while combined, we form the ultimate "one-stop-shop" to manage all or any part of a project!
At the core of everything we do is always you, our client. Our commitment to service is reflected in our policy and creativity: Our company philosophy is two-fold: we are conservative when it comes to your budget, safety and customer service. But at the same time we are creative, flexible and always open for any ideas which will give your event that extra surprise factor. Our knowledge of Denver and all its venues and our teamwork with the suppliers and vendors not only smooth the logistics of your event but also creates room for plenty of innovative, "different" and fun ideas!
Our Great Events staff of 8 full-time and 5 part time employees has more than 75 years combined meeting and event experience and a very extensive background in handling any type of group, whether it is an association, corporate, first-timers or VIP's. Our staff is experienced in this industry and the company's reputation throughout Colorado reflects professionalism and organized efficiency. Our president holds the destination management certified professional designation (DMCP).
Great Events is proud to belong to The CONTACT Group, an organization of select North American destination management companies. Our membership in this elite group assures you that we continually maintain the highest standards in the DMC industry.
Great Events is also very active in the following organizations:
- Denver Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Association of Destination Management Executives
- Rocky Mountain Tour Guides Association
- Meeting Planners International (MPI)
- Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA)
- American Society of Association Executives (ASAE)
- Convention Industry Council (CIC)
- Metropolitan State University Advisory Council for Hotel, Meeting and Travel Industry
Community Involvement & Industry Recognition
Great Events has been involved in a number of area-wide community benefit programs:
- USO Show featuring Bob Hope for the benefit of the Veteran's Memorial Fund.
- Colorado Outward Bound awards dinner at which HRH Prince Phillip was guest.
- Big Brothers of Colorado annual fundraisers.
- Denver's Table.
- Habitat For Humanity.
- Network For the Needy.
- Conferon Classic benefiting "Kids Café"